Art Teacher Turned Professional Artist
"As the oldest of six children growing up in suburban Illinois, the chance for Jeanne Thieme to interact with, much less own her own horse were very slim. However, Thieme says she has always felt that horses were in her blood. In fact, she started to draw horses the very first time she picked up a pencil." The Equine Chronical: read more...
Art For Life
"Artist Jeanne Maguire Thieme Draws Inspiration from her Surroundings. Horses captured in full gallop, riotous floral studies, colorful, impressionist landscapes--all these subjects spring from the inspiration provided to the artist by her local environment." The Connections Magazine: read more...
The Business Next Door
Jeanne, tell us about your home studio. "My studio/gallery is on Pipe Dream Farm in Swanzey (hence the name Pipe Dream Studio). Since my husband is a plumber and we were working towards making our dreams a reality we thought the name was appropriate. Most of my painting is done in my sstuio but I benefit from both in-studio and plein aire painting". The Business Journal of Greater Keene, Brattleboro and Peterborough: read more...
- EquiFair, Woodstock, Vermont 1st Place in Painting
- Trumbull Arts Festival- Best in Show
- Matoon Arts Festival-Springfield, Mass.-First Place painting
- Keene Art in the Park -First Place Watercolor
- Andover Art in the Park -First Place Painting
- Thieme's oil painting was selected for marketing the Palettes of Vermont project poster sponsored by the Vermont Arts Council
- People's Choice Award for The Palette Project in Woodstock, Vt
- Gala Fine Art Exhibit - Gardner, Mass. Second Place Oil
- Gala Fine Art Exhibit Gardner, Mass. First Place Watercolor
- Trumbull Fine Arts Festival - Trumbull, Ct. -First Place Oil
- New Jersey Equine National Exhibit-60 pieces accepted nationally
- Keene Art in the Park-Honorable Mention for Oil Painting
- Signature member of Vermont Watercolor Society
- Equine images featured in Wit and Wisdom from the Horse - an equine book published in Sept. 2011
- Watercolor Award at the Monadnock Area Artists Juried Exhibit in Jaffrey , N.H.
- Second place for Watercolor in Monadnock Artist Association
- The Thomas Moran Excellence in Watercolor Award at The Salmagundi Club Non-Member Juried Painting exhibit in New York City
- Monadnock Artists Association- Keene Art in the Park, Keene, N.H. -First Place Watercolor
- Awards Recipient for the Ruth and James Ewing Arts Award at The Redfern Arts Center at Keene State College